MC-Mobility Challenge has organized a Conference "Powerful Voice of Women with Disabilities" from 17th to 22nd October in Skopje.
This event gathered 15 women with disabilities from grassroots organizations from Balkan's countries, to exchange experiences, to build network and new vision for stronger support of women with disabilities in this region.
Participants at this Conference were women with disabilities from Albania, Serbia, Kosovo, Montenegro and Macedonia, two women by each country.During the 5 days program we have chance to exchange of qualitative ideas, positive and negative experiences and strategies for the following issues:
1. Implementing Policy and Legislation( with the accent of UN Convention on Rights of Persons with Disabilities and Anti Discrimination Law);
2. Architectonic, technological and traffic accessibility and Legal benefits of Persons with Disabilities”
3. Inclusive Education of girls and women with disabilities;
4. Employment Law and Strategies for Stronger Position of Women with Disabilities on Labor Market;
5. Women Health and Family issues;
6. Fundraising/ Writing Project Proposals;
7. Using the Media;
8. Building Network;
Each of the themes were worked in separated sessions, including experts presentations and panel discussions between all participants and guests, professionals involved in specific issues concerning women with disabilities.
The Macedonian American Alumni Association from October 2011started "Equal Access through Service Learning for Persons with Disabilities", an Alumni Engagement Innovation Fund (AEIF) Project.
MC-Mobility Challenge is a partner organization for this project, which main goal is to organize a set of workshops (WS) for ensuring equal access for people with disabilities (PwDs) in education.
Non profit organization Gaia this year organized the first camp for children with special needs from Macedonia, “Camp Gaia- Stars on Earth.” This project took place in Struga, Macedonia from June 27th-July 4th and gave a unique opportunity to 12 children for a week-long exploration into the worlds of sports, education and creativity.
MC-Mobility Challenge was a partner organization for this project.